Thursday, February 24, 2011

Is it 12:00 yet?

One of the things about Jeremy, and maybe a lot of kids, is that he is a clock watcher.  Today our plan was to leave at 12:00 and go on a promised trip to McDonalds and then to PetCo (or PetSmart -whatever it's called) and do our "field survey".  All throughout our morning, Jeremy was watching the clock.  He actually does this all the time but this week has been amplified.  I'm anxious for him to learn and he's anxious just to move on!  Bless him.  I think I'm going to have to cover the clock. 

Both of us have been excited to go count the animals.  Unfortunately, the snow/sleet discouraged our plan. Did you see those snowballs coming down? We watched it all morning, not really worrying about it, and then went to McDonald's.  As I was getting into the van, I saw a text from Parkhill that school was getting out an hour early.  So, we thought, "Hey, we'll just take Abby with us."  But, by the time we picked her up, it was getting really nasty out and I was kind of struggling with the roads.  Jeremy still wanted to go but somehow managed to understand that we really shouldn't.  I was REALLY impressed with how he handled the disappointment.  He's matured a lot.  I was prepared for a breakdown but didn't need to be.  He could see that we weren't safe.  I'm proud of him.  Hopefully we'll get to do our survey tomorrow.

This is only our 3rd day together.  He asked about visiting his teacher to say "Hi."  I asked him if he missed her and he said "yes"  but then he said he was enjoying homeschooling as much as I am.  I spoke with a teacher today who asked me to sub for her and I had to tell her "no" since we are homeschooling now.  She went on and on about how proud she was of me for doing it. I don't know why that meant so much to me but I think it's interesting how varied the opinions are for homeschooling.  I also think it's silly that I care so much.  I know that right now, we are doing the right thing.  He's doing great!  We both are. 

Psalm 100:5   "For the LORD is good and His love endures forever.  His faithfulness continues through all generations."

No comments:

Post a Comment