Monday, February 28, 2011

Structure is a good thing....

Doesn't sound great but the kids and I got to go to the dentist!  Haven't been able to go for a year and half since we were without insurance.  Was so happy to get the x-rays and the scraping and the news of no cavities for any of us.  However, the appointment was at 10:45.  So, when it comes to Jeremy and homeschooing, I'm finding that anything like that is going to have to happen at the latter part of the day in order to not offend our time together.  I made this appointment before we made our decision but I'll certainly know from now on.  Jeremy definitely prefers structure to be the most productive, but it's good for him to learn to be flexible.  It's good for all of us.

We did manage to get math done:  Flashcards, math packet and money counting.  We also finished reading Jonah and worked on his Awana stuff.  Tomorrow will be a big day.  I need to get an average of 3.5 hours a day of our core work in and so far we are fine but the whole point is to get him caught up and then some.  I want him to have self-confidence in knowing that he's got it figured out.  I loved watching him do a random subtraction problem today and seeing him know how to borrow and regroup.  That was awesome.  Once he gets something, he's got it forever.  That rote memory does pay off. 

I'm loving this time with him.  I'm looking forward to doing it when I'm feeling 100%.  I'm dealing with an inner ear issue this week causing some dizziness.  I had a cold all of last week and a cold sore came to visit yesterday.  Something is trying to go thru me.  Looking forward to it leaving!

Today's armor: 
Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

No comments:

Post a Comment